Helping to prevent you from becoming a victim of crime.


Victim of Car Crime

Report the incident to the Police. The Police need as much information as they can get concerning crimes so they can deploy their resources in the most efficient way.

Try to recall as much about the event as possible and any vehicles or witnesses you may have seen.

If a crime has occurred and it is reported to the Police a forensics team may want to visit you and the crime scene, your vehicle.

The forensic team may take photos, dust for fingerprints and collect samples.

You may be asked to provide your own fingerprints or DNA to help identify the offender's fingerprints.

The Police may also attend and ask you and any witness's questions to help identify the offenders.

The Police may give you an incident or crime number. They should also keep you informed about how the investigation is progressing.

Being a victim of crime can be very upsetting and can leave the you feeling anxious about security and confused about what will happen.

The Police should provide support, however the national charity Victim Support provides free and confidential support to victims and witnesses of crime and their families.

All volunteers are fully trained counsellors. The organisation has helped more than 1.5 million people over 35 years.

Victim Support can be contacted at or on 0845 30 30 900.

The criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) compensates victims of crime who have suffered a personal injury or trauma. This compensation is not available to replace stolen or damaged possessions that are not covered by insurance.  CICA can be found by clicking here.

Related article:  Ideas to secure my car

Crime Victims - Useful Contacts and Links

Victim Support can be contacted at or on 0845 30 30 900.

The criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) can be contacted at

Your local Police can be contacted on 101 or in an emergency using 999

Local Neighbourhood Watch schemes can be found at

Crimestoppers can be contacted on 0800 555 111 or at

Crime reduction officers.  Contact your local Police station and ask to speak to your local Crime Prevention Officer – they should be able to offer some advice.

Your local Community Safety Partnership (CSP).  The CSP are jointly responsible with the Police in your area.  There are currently 310 Community Safety Partnerships in England and 22 in Wales. They can be contacted on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Consider purchasing car specific crime prevention products such as low cost Sat Nav protection, or garage defenders or SmartWater.

Contact Form

contact form test