Helping to prevent you from becoming a victim of crime.
1. If you are replacing windows, take the opportunity to install new ones that are certified to British Standard BS7950 – windows of enhanced security.
2. Laminated glass should also be considered for ground floor and accessible windows as this is much harder to break and may put a potential burglar off.
3. window locks, especially if they are visible, may put a burglar off as they will have to break the glass, risking gaining attention and possibly cutting themselves.
4. Fit (and use) window locks with keys to all easily accessible windows, such as downstairs, those on a flat roof or near a drain pipe.
5. Security grilles can be fitted to vulnerable windows, but make sure these are not escape windows, one option could be these House Security Window Grille (solid steel bars) Size 6.
contact form test